Lumin is an electronic magnifying glass for your iPhone or iPod. Not only does it magnify items, it can also lock the image, increase magnification even further when locked and can save or share images.
The camera on your iPhone or iPod is great, but it’s not optimized for simple, and useful, magnification tasks. Lumin takes locked images at the highest camera resolution, then allows you to zoom and pan the image to display detail you never knew was there. Images can be shared to your photo library on the device or you can send either (or both) the larger image as well as the zoomed area via email or Twitter to others.
Lumin also controls the camera flash on your device, so you can magnify dark, hard-to-reach places with ease.
– a set of high-resolution reading glasses, always with you
– a versatile magnifying glass that works with either camera on your device
– a quick-capture camera that does not store images to your library unless you want to
– a quick-share mechanism for sending captured images via email or Twitter
For such a simple utility, the uses you’ll find for Lumin are endless:
– read restaurant menus with ease, even in low light
– read and share wine bottle labels
– zoom the fine print on contracts
– grab the serial number – in the dark – on the back of that cable box
– check your teeth, or makeup
– capture quick images you don’t want in your photo library, but do want to send somewhere
– look bugs in the eye
– see what’s under the couch, or the seat of your car
– send a close-up of your kid’s bruise to the doc
Your imagination is the limit!
* use of the camera flash/torch is limited to iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s models.